Monday, July 22, 2013

Don't Read This Post

Today I have decided to be a hipster. 


I am wearing a second hand and oversized plaid shirt with my hair un-styled for style's sake. I'm drinking an expresso-based beverage (can you really call this coffee?) in a local café while blogging on my Mac laptop about how dreadfully ironic life can be sometimes.

I guess the big irony is that we are all going on living like anything actually means anything when the zinger in the end is that when we reach the finish line nothing means anything.

Now that sounds pretty dark, but I don't think it has to be that way. Its like a pass. If it all means nothing, then we are restricted by nothing. We are limitless.

Unless we let ourselves be limited. 

So there's some existentialism for ya; love it or leave it bitches. 


Now I'll go buy some vinyl and listen to music that I alone uniquely relate to yet everyone loves.

...and if you read the title and still read this post then good. I was being ironic.



irony 1 |ˈīrənē, ˈiərnē|
noun ( pl. ironies )
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect: “Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony.
• a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result: [ with clause ] : the irony is that I thought he could help me.
• (also dramatic or tragic irony )a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.



1 comment:

  1. I just read this at the exact moment I needed to. Literally. Thank you, hipster Katie, I just decided what I'm going to do.

    ReplyDelete