Friday, August 30, 2013

Soooo Easyyyy

Dear World,

Seriously all I want from you right now is an egg sandwich, but since the deli downstairs doesn't open until 7 (about 45 minutes from now) I will write. 

Last night was the SBA (Student Bar Association) 1L wine and cheese. The night turned out pretty well. I feel like I'm making friends. What else is there to say I suppose?

I guess I can tell you that I got cornered into an "Its so easy for girls to get drinks from guys; girls can get sex whenever they want to," conversation (A conversation that included girls just don't like to have sex as much as men.) That was annoying.

I think the fact of the matter is pretty obvious- girls can't just have sex whenever they want. Who wants to be labeled as the girl who goes home with guys from the bar all of the time? (Even if you want to go home with anyone from the bar, reputation can be a concern.) Who would be the one accidentally stuck with a baby? 

The natural course of this blog post is heading into some loud feminist theory that I'm not sure I want to write about. Over-sexualization, objectification, loving sex etc. Point of the story is don't bring this topic up to me in bars. 

Tonight I am going to a Moulin Rouge singalong in Williamsburg with my cousin and her hubby. It should be really good! I may need a nap or some serious caffein.

Ok, I will go find some new ways to spend time.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment