Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Human Carpet

So I assume that not everyone knows about this odd and, in my opinion, disturbing phenomenon. I had not known about it until I was almost standing right on top of it.

This past Saturday night, I went to a Michael Jackson Mashup Bootie Party. First we went and pregamed at my roommate's friend's apartment right off Union Square, and then we walked to Le Poisson Rouge where the party was thrown. On the way there, of course, it started pouring rain (good thing I was so worried about my hair when I got ready...),  but eventually we made it. Once we made it to the party, we walked up on the platform area and started dancing. It is then that we stumbled upon...

The Human Carpet

If you don't have time to read the above article, I can just tell you a little bit about it. This man wraps himself up in a carpet and lets people walk/stand on him while at clubs and bars. He gets paid to do this. Let me rephrase that. Clubs PAY THIS PERSON to let people WALK AND STAND ON HIM ALL NIGHT LONG as ENTERTAINMENT for other people.

I personally find it super disturbing, and I am not 100% sure why. OI think I find it disturbing because it's kind of perverse that humans find it entertaining to literally walk all over another life. What is it thats good about that? I know that its out of the norm, but there was a real person in there. No one cared about him or who he was, though. I know he signed up for it, but its not just uncomfortable that he is letting people do this. Its that people want to do this. What are your thoughts on all of this blog world?


Also as an update on the Facebook thing, my life is so much happier without it and I can't pinpoint why. I think this merits its own post if I remember, but things are going well.

Also I have started running, and I fell on my face/ scraped my knee today. So good for me, bad for my knee.

Anyhow, thats that.

No comments:

Post a Comment