Saturday, September 21, 2013

10J Partay

Last night my suitemates and I threw a huge apartment party, and I am so happy to say that it was a huge success!

Since we moved in a month ago, we've wanted to throw a suite warming party, and last week we finally decided we're doing it. We sent out the invitations, mostly through facebook (so by we, I mean my roommates who have facebook), but we also wrote index cards to slip into the people who live on our floor's doors. We've been here for what feels like a long time, and we still knew hardly any of our neighbors. So even though its super 1L (I suppose) and dorky, we did that. Also we think it was a good idea to invite them so that we could avoid potential noise complaints (hey- if they're with us, why would they be against us?)

After we first put the cards out, we were nervous that we made a huge mistake. One of my suitemates said she even got laughed at in the elevator because of the cards! We toughed it out, though, and I think it was definitely worth it. Two guys we had never met before each came over on their own, and seemed to have a really great time- they stayed for the entire party!  It was Friday night, and they had nothing better to do then come to our party- which I think is great because maybe they were just looking for an opportunity to get out and meet new people. We provided that, and now they are our friends! How lucky for all.

As I said, the party was a huge success. There was good music, good drinks (I drank the right amount- no hangover!), casual dancing, and even some love in the air (alas, not for me, but for some really good people)-- an all around good time.

Yay 10J.

1 comment: